Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Peace, Where Are You?

Sometimes what I want, isn't what I actually need. I don't mean that in a I need to eat more veg, but I'd rather eat cake sort of way. I mean it in a I want my independence, abilities, and my being right, dang it! When what I really need is to let that all go.

I need to let it go because while my sense of independence pushes me to achieve, it also pushes me to do so at the expense of relationships.

I need to let it go because while my abilities push me to succeed, they also push me into pride.

I need to let it go because while I may be right, that actually isn't the most important thing.

I need to let it all go because what I really need, more than anything, is peace. Oh my word do I need peace.

I am exhausted, but I don't want to stop. I need peace, but what about all of this other stuff? It's near 11pm and instead of getting ready for a peaceful night sleep, I am writing about the very thing that I need because the train inside my head just won't stop.

Peace, where are you?

Tonight, I'm choosing to let it all go. The train inside my head might just keep running, but I'm choosing to say goodbye to myself and to selfishness and make room for peace. Choosing to turn off the computer, let go of expectations, and fall asleep wrapping my heart around the One who not only promised relief for the weary, but is relief itself.

So good night, friends. Peace is waiting.

Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” - Jesus
Matthew 11:28-30

2 comments:

  1. Peace Anisha! Praying for a good sleep, for He grants sleep to those whom He loves :)... hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I did sleep, finally :)

    ReplyDelete